VicsLab.com Forums Miscellaneous Staff?

7 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Profile photo of VicVic 7 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Profile photo of Ayumi Megumi
      Ayumi Megumi
      Participant
      @Jyukai AMV Jyukai Ituna

Okay. With little knowledge I know in creating novels, I’m pretty sure that we need an editing staff and proofreaders right? Also, in light novels illustrations are important since it’s one of the reasons it is different from a regular novel. Do we need to provide them all for ourselves? Or will Vic have them? Or will we have to help each other in this site?

Profile photo of Vic
      Vic
      Keymaster
      @Vic

Sorry I missed this post. We only provide editing and artwork for books we publish. I hope this answers your question.

Vic

Ayumi Megumi
      Participant
      @Jyukai AMV Jyukai Ituna

So the illustrators here (if there are any) fall into the special request category? I mean, in consideration for the original writer, they would want artwork/illustrations that fit into their preferences so that they can have their work’s potential, of course the editing department oversees everything so that everything falls into standard, so the writer still can choose the art right? Or at least the artist?

In consideration for those who already have their own art, they can provide their own right? The editing is still in charge of quality but the idea of having volunteer artists could minimize workforce needed in your side. Communication could be a problem though. Its just an idea of mine to have artists “recruited” here for a little convenience. I don’t know much in the publishing world though, so I don’t know how much trouble this would be.

Profile photo of Vic
      Vic
      Keymaster
      @Vic

Good thoughts. We work with freelance artists for book cover art. Requests for a certain artist could be granted depending on price. We can consider artists that are on this site, but they must be at least 18 years old and sign a contract like any other freelancer. Although volunteer work sounds good, we think artists deserve pay.

Ayumi Megumi
      Participant
      @Jyukai AMV Jyukai Ituna

Oh good. I can understand the requirements needed. I was just wondering this because some (Mostly @locomotive) already has their own art.

Profile photo of Luis Aleman
      Luis Aleman
      @Locomotive

That sounds like a good idea to me as well. I wouldn’t mind signing a freelance contract and doing the art for my novel. Thanks @Ayumi Megumi

Profile photo of Strovist
      Strovist
      @Thaddeus

Hi, just a question. If I have a friend who wishes to do the illustrations for me, does he also have to sign a contract?

Thanks

Profile photo of Vic
      Vic
      Keymaster
      @Vic

Strovist,

If you already have art for your story if we select your story, we will consider using the art if professional quality. In your contact, you would have to verify that you have all rights to the art in order for us to use it. Proof of rights would include a signed statement from the artist giving you the copyright.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.