You are free to:
- Read and Print our articles and other media for personal use.
- Share our articles and other media.
- Contribute To the website.
Under the following conditions:
- Responsibility – You take responsibility for content you post (since we only host your content).
- Civility – You support a civil environment and do not harass other users.
- Lawful Behavior – You do not violate copyright or other laws.
- No Harm – You do not harm our technology infrastructure.
With the understanding that:
- You License Your Contributions – you generally must license your original contributions to Vic's Lab, LLC, under a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (books published and distributed by the company have separate agreements). For example, this allows Vic's Lab, LLC, to feature your contributions on the VicsLab.com website and in marketing campaigns.
- No Professional Advice – the content of articles and other media is for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice.
The community—the network of users who post content—contributes to and helps govern our site. The community undertakes the function of creating and enforcing policies for our site.
You are welcome to join, but you should follow our policies. Because content may be accessible to other users and/or the public, we generally require that you give a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to Vic's Lab, LLC, to host, promote and use all content you contribute. Books published and distributed by the company are under separate agreements. You retain the copyright to all original material you contribute.
1. Our Services
We act as a hosting service, maintaining the infrastructure and organizational framework that allows our users to contribute content themselves. Because of our role, there are a couple of things you should be aware of when considering our relationship to you and the other users:
- We do not take an editorial role: Because content that we host is provided by users like you, we do not take an editorial role. This means that we generally do not monitor or edit the content of the website, and we do not take any responsibility for this content. Similarly, we do not endorse any opinions expressed via our services, and we do not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any submitted community content. Instead, we simply provide access to the content that your fellow users have contributed.
- You are responsible for your own actions: You are legally responsible for your edits and contributions on VicsLab.com, so for your own protection you should exercise caution and avoid contributing any content that may result in criminal or civil liability under any applicable laws. For clarity, applicable law includes at least the laws of the United States of America. Although we may not agree with such actions, we warn editors and contributors that authorities may seek to apply other country laws to you, including local laws where you live or where you view or provide content. Vic's Lab, LLC, generally cannot offer any protection, guarantee, immunity or indemnification.
Because our services may be used by people all over the world, personal information that we collect may be stored and processed in the United States of America or any other country. By using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside your country.
This policy covers personally identifiable information collected or stored by Vic's Lab, LLC, on any servers in relation to the website. Consistent with its Data Retention Policy, Vic's Lab, LLC, collects and retains the least amount of personally identifiable information needed to fulfill the website’s operational needs.
3. Content We Host
- You may find some material objectionable or erroneous: Because we provide a wide array of content that is produced or gathered by fellow users, you may encounter material that you find offensive, erroneous, misleading, mislabeled, or otherwise objectionable. We therefore ask that you use common sense and proper judgment when using our services.
- Our content is for general informational purposes only: Although we may host information that pertains to professional topics, this content is presented for general informational purposes only. It should not be taken as professional advice. Please seek independent professional counseling from someone who is licensed or qualified in the applicable area in lieu of acting on any information, opinion, or advice contained on our website.
4. Refraining from Certain Activities
VicsLab.com exists because of the community of users like you who write content. We welcome your participation in this community and encourage you to be civil and polite in your interactions with others in the community, to act in good faith, and to make contributions aimed at furthering the mission of the website.
Certain activities, whether legal or illegal, may be harmful to other users and violate our rules, and some activities may also subject you to liability. Therefore, for your own protection and for that of other users, you may not engage in such activities on our sites. These activities include:
Harassing and Abusing Others
- Engaging in harassment, threats, stalking, spamming, or vandalism; and
- Transmitting chain mail, junk mail, or spam to other users.
Violating the Privacy of Others
- Infringing the privacy rights of others under the laws of the United States of America or other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content);
- Soliciting personally identifiable information for purposes of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, or any promotional or commercial purpose not explicitly approved by Vic's Lab, LLC; and
- Soliciting personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 for an illegal purpose or violating any applicable law regarding the health or well-being of minors.
Engaging in False Statements, Impersonation, or Fraud
- Intentionally or knowingly posting content that constitutes libel or defamation;
- With the intent to deceive, posting content that is false or inaccurate;
- Attempting to impersonate another user or individual, misrepresenting your affiliation with any individual or entity, or using the username of another user with the intent to deceive; and
- Engaging in fraud.
- Infringing copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights under applicable law.
Misusing Our Services for Other Illegal Purposes
- Posting child pornography or any other content that violates applicable law concerning child pornography;
- Posting or trafficking in obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law; and
- Using the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law.
Engaging in Disruptive and Illegal Misuse of Facilities
- Posting or distributing content that contains any viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, or other device that could harm our technical infrastructure or system or that of our users;
- Engaging in automated uses of the site that are abusive or disruptive of the services and have not been approved by Vic's Lab, LLC;
- Disrupting the services by placing an undue burden on the website or the networks or servers connected with the website;
- Disrupting the services by inundating the website with communications or other traffic that suggests no serious intent to use the website for its stated purpose;
- Knowingly accessing, tampering with, or using any of our nonpublic areas in our computer systems without authorization; and
- Probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any of our technical systems or networks unless all the following conditions are met:
- such actions do not unduly abuse or disrupt our technical systems or networks;
- such actions are not for personal gain (except for credit for your work);
- you report any vulnerabilities to VicsLab.com (or fix it yourself); and
- you do not undertake such actions with malicious or destructive intent.
We reserve the right to exercise our enforcement discretion with respect to the above terms.
5. Password Security
You are responsible for safeguarding your own password and should never disclose it to any third party.
7. Licensing of Content
You agree to give Vic's Lab, LLC, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to host, promote and use all content you contribute in any medium now known or later developed. Books published and distributed by the company have separate agreements.
Public domain content: Content that is in the public domain is welcome! It is important however that you confirm the public domain status of the content under the law of the United States of America as well as the laws of any other countries. When you contribute content that is in the public domain, you warrant that the material is actually in the public domain, and you agree to label it appropriately.
Creative Commons content: Content that is licensed under a Creative Commons license also is welcome! By posting this content, you warrant that it is licensed under a Creative Commons license and agree to attribute the work according to the specifications of the author and/or license.
8. DMCA Compliance
Vic's Lab, LLC, wants to ensure that the content that we host can be displayed without fear of liability and that it is not infringing the proprietary rights of others. In fairness to our users, as well as to other creators and copyright holders, our policy is to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the formalities of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Pursuant to the DMCA, we will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, users and account holders of our system and network who are repeat infringers.
However, we also recognize that not every takedown notice is valid or in good faith. In such cases, we strongly encourage users to file counter-notifications when they appropriately believe a DMCA takedown demand is invalid or improper. For more information on what to do if you think a DMCA notice has been improperly filed, you may wish to consult the Chilling Effects website.
If you are the owner of content that is being improperly used without your permission, you may request that the content be removed under the DMCA. To make such a request, please message the admin @Vic or use our contact form.
9. Third-party Websites and Resources
You are solely responsible for your use of any third-party websites or resources. Although VicsLab.com contains links to third-party websites and resources, we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for their availability, accuracy, or the related content, products, or services (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features), nor do we have any obligation to monitor such third-party content.
10. Management of Website
The community has the primary role in creating and enforcing policies. At VicsLab.com, we rarely intervene in community decisions about policy and its enforcement. In an unusual case, the need may arise, or the community may ask us, to address an especially problematic user because of significant disturbance or dangerous behavior. In such cases, we reserve the right, but do not have the obligation to:
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues or respond to user support requests;
- Manage the website in a manner designed to facilitate its proper functioning and protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and our users, licensors, partners, and the public.
In the interests of our users, in the extreme circumstance that any individual has had his or her account or access blocked under this provision, he or she is prohibited from creating or using another account on or seeking access to the site unless we provide explicit permission.
11. Resolutions and Policies
Vic's Lab, LLC, releases policies from time to time. Some of these policies may be mandatory, and, when they are, you agree to abide by them as applicable.
13. Disputes and Jurisdiction
At Vic's Lab, LLC, we do our best to provide educational and informational content to a very wide audience, but your use of our services is at your sole risk. We provide these services on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and we expressly disclaim all express or implied warranties of all kinds, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranty that our services will meet your requirements, be safe, secure, uninterrupted, timely, accurate, or error-free, or that your information will be secure.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through your use of our services is done at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content or communication maintained by the service. We retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the types of disclaimers in this section, so they may not apply to you either in part or in full depending on the law.
15. Limitation on Liability
Vic's Lab, LLC, will not be liable to you or to any other party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, regardless of whether we were advised of the possibility of such damage. In no event shall our liability exceed one thousand U.S. dollars (USD 1000.00) in aggregate. In the case that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you, although our liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
17. Other Terms
You understand that, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by us, you have no expectation of compensation for any activity, contribution, or idea that you provide to us, the community, or the website.
Vic's Lab, LLC, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.