VicsLab.com Forums Feedback easier to upload

10 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Profile photo of JusticeJustice 5 years, 6 months ago
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Profile photo of
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

i came to this site after reading that it can be used to upload, and profit from my light novel, yet i have failed to find how. i would like to be told how, as well as request it to be easier to locate this feature

Profile photo of Vic
      Vic
      Keymaster
      @Vic

Thank you for your feedback. We’ll look into this.

You can upload you story by clicking the “Create New Doc” button under the “Docs” tab from your profile and can upload it in a group such as “Stories” or “Submissions” as well. You don’t profit monetarily by posting your story. However, every once in a while, we do select book submitted on the site for publishing. We invest in publishing the story and offer 40 percent net profit.

Chad ‘Vic” Adams
      VicsLab.com

Profile photo of
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      @

just so were clear. If you wanted to sell my book, you would ask my permission first yes? Also, do i keep all rights to my work if i agree?

Profile photo of Vic
        Vic
        Keymaster
        @Vic

Sorry for the delayed response.

For books we publish, we would ask for permission by offering a contract. The author still owns the copyright but provides us with an exclusive license to publish it.

Vic

Profile photo of Strovist
      Strovist
      @Thaddeus

Hi Vic, I want to offer a suggestion for site improvement that has to do with uploading docs. I encountered a problem when it comes to editing uploads. After keying in the text, there will always be a section at the bottom stating group associations, tags, story parent and other details.

I often find that having many words in the doc upload (if I choose to publish the doc as a web page) might be a reason for the web’s apparent lags whenever I publish the doc. Because of the lag, some information (such as new folder creations) are bugged in the way that it’s difficult to organise them for future chapters.

So in considering this, I would like to suggest that when it comes to editing and publishing, perhaps it will be better if we are given the option to create a story folder first. We can use this to sort out our group associations, genre tags and other details before we upload our docs. Save docs can then be organised under the folder later at a separate webpage.

However, if there are writers who want to write a one off story without the need for a folder, they can use the older format if it is more convenient for them.

Let me know what you think. If you feel that it does not work, then it’s ok. Thank you for spending time to read this. Cheers!

Profile photo of Vic
      Vic
      Keymaster
      @Vic

Thank you for the feedback. I believe you can already reorganize folders after a part is uploaded, but I’ll check it out when I get a chance.

Vic

Profile photo of Justice
      Justice
      @Justice107

I don’t if its just me and my copy and paste method but every time I post a story all of my formatting is removed. Italicized, tabs, etc. are moved. Even with going back and manually inserting these the end result is mixed at best. Is this standard or something I’m doing wrong on my part with pasting content over on this site?

Profile photo of Vic
        Vic
        Keymaster
        @Vic

I tested it, and italics, bold and underlining shows up for me when using copy and paste. The site removes tabs and extra spaces since it formats the text for online viewing (no indentions and spacing between paragraphs). Please elaborate on what you are experiencing and provide a screen shot. If you prefer a specific format, you can upload the story as a document attachment.

Profile photo of Justice
      Justice
      @Justice107

I highlight it from a word doc, copy and paste into the create doc on the site and all sorts of altered marks change. Not sure why its removing everything. the tab thing I get but I have to go back in to update the altered markings which can be quite lengthy.

Profile photo of Vic
      Vic
      Keymaster
      @Vic

What other changes are there instead of italics? It could have to do with your version of Word, font style used, copy-paste options, or browser you are using. Try switching the font or browser to narrow down the issue.

Profile photo of Justice
      Justice
      @Justice107

To your suggestion I tried a few things. Apparently, the standard Times New Romans format does not transfer over well to this site. I had to change it to a Calibri style then copy and paste in order for the specialized formats to stick. Thanks.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.